- With Gratitude may be referred to as “With Gratitude,” “we,” “our,” or “”
- We call a user of the With Gratitude Platform a “User,” or collectively, the “Users.”
- “You” and “your” refer to an individual User of the With Gratitude Platform.
- The community platform that we offer at our website ( withgratitude.ca ) is referred to as the “Site.”
- The platform and related services provided by With Gratitude, the Site and mobile applications (whether on iOS or Android), including without limitation information provided by With Gratitude to potential and actual Users in relation to the services, together are called the “With Gratitude Platform.”
3. Transfer of Data Outside CanadaWe and our affiliates and service providers primarily store data about you, including personal information, on servers located and operated within Canada. We may send and store your personal information (also commonly referred to as personal data) to other locations in order to provide and operate the With Gratitude Platform. You acknowledge the transfer to and processing of your personal information on servers located in the U.S. and other countries.
4. Information Collected By With GratitudePersonal Information With Gratitude collects certain identifiable information about you such as your name, address, approximate geographic location of your computer or mobile device, telephone number, email address and bank account and other Financial Information (as defined below) (“Personal Information”) if you voluntarily choose to share such information with With Gratitude. We do require that you furnish this information when you register with us as a Giver or a Client, because we need the information in order to administer your account and provide the With Gratitude Platform. For example, if you are a Client, we collect your first and last name, email address, a password that you select and your postal code in order to create and administer your With Gratitude account. We also collect additional information in order to facilitate your booking, such as information about the service you are seeking, the time, date and location of the service, and Financial Information as set out below. If you are a Client, we collect your first and last name, email address, password, mobile phone number and postal code in order to create and administer your With Gratitude account and facilitate communications between you and Clients. We also collect information about your services, rates and skills, as well as Identity Information and Financial Information as set out below. You also may choose to send With Gratitude personal information in an email message containing inquiries about the With Gratitude Platform and we use this information in order to help us respond to your inquiry. Certain offerings of the With Gratitude Platform, such as newsletters, surveys, reviews, and the like are optional and so you are not required to enter them or to give us your data in connection with them. Where you do choose to enter them, we will use your data to send you newsletters and other communications that are tailored based on information we have about you, and to operate and manage the survey, contest or similar. To opt-out of receiving communications from us, please see the Choice/Opt-Out section below. Device Information When you visit and interact with the With Gratitude Platform or the Site, With Gratitude may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of computer or mobile device you use, your mobile device’s unique device ID, the IP address of your computer or mobile device, your operating system, the type of Internet browser(s) you use, and information about the way you use the With Gratitude Platform (“Device Information”). We may use Device Information to monitor the regions from which Users navigate the Site or the With Gratitude Platform and for security and fraud prevention purposes. Tools with the goal of anonymizing certain Device Information (like the TOR network) are forbidden on the With Gratitude Platform. While we respect your right to hide this information, we believe that doing so is in conflict with the spirit of our platform and our desire to host an open and honest marketplace. Use of such tools hampers the functionalities of the With Gratitude Platform. Identity Verification If you are a Receiver/Client, we may collect personal information, such as your date of birth, taxpayer identification number, social insurance number (optional), and address, to validate your identity or conduct background checks (“Identity Information”). If you provide your social insurance number, we will use it help us verify your identity. Financial Information * To help Givers set up an account and help Clients make payments to services and pay fees, we may collect financial information, including name, address, credit card number, bank routing numbers, tax information, and any other payment information (“Financial Information”). Location Information When you visit the With Gratitude Platform via a mobile application, we may obtain your consent to use GPS technology (or other similar technology) to determine your current location in order to determine the city you are located in and display a location map to improve service for our Users. We will not share your current location obtained in this manner with other Users. If you do not want us to use your location for the purposes set forth above, you should turn off the location services for the mobile application located in your account settings or in your mobile phone settings and/or within the mobile application. Third Party Information Third Parties may provide us with basic information such as your name, address, and history related to your service needs. Additionally, we may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data, payment information, or fraud detection information, from third party Agents (as defined below) and combine it with other information that we have about you. Finally, With Gratitude works with third party Agents to perform identity checks and criminal background checks on ‘Givers and Receivers’ and we receive information from them. Public Areas * As a Giver your professional profile on the With Gratitude Platform consists of information about you, and may include personal information, photographs, work history, skills, hourly pay rates, feedback/rating information, and other information, including your username (“Profile”). The information in your Profile may be visible to all Users and the general public subject to the privacy choices you make within your Profile. If you choose to post a service via the With Gratitude Platform, the contents of such listing will be publicly viewable.
5. With Gratitude’s Use of Personal InformationWith Gratitude uses Personal Information (including Identity Information and Financial Information) for the following purposes:
- To operate and make available the With Gratitude Platform. We use your data to connect you with other Users in order to enable the posting of, completion of, and payment/gratitude for services;
- For billing and fraud prevention to help ensure a safe and secure environment in which Clients both Givers and Receivers can meet and conduct business;
- To conduct identification, authentication, and background checks on Users to help ensure the safety of our Users and integrity of the With Gratitude Platform;
- To analyze Site usage to improve the With Gratitude Platform to grow our business;
- To contact you and deliver (via email, SMS, push notifications, or otherwise) administrative notices, marketing notifications, targeted offers, communications and advertising ;
- To provide you with customer support in order to fulfill our agreements with Users;
- For internal market research, troubleshooting problems, and detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity in order to help ensure a safe and secure environment in which Users can meet;
- To assist Users in the resolution of complaints and disputes between them, as necessary to facilitate good relations among Users;
- To enforce our Terms of Service; and,
6. Cookies and Other Technologies and Interest-Based Advertising *When you visit websites on the Internet, your browser may automatically transmit information to the websites you visit throughout every visit, including ours. In a similar way, when you use our mobile applications, we will access and use mobile device IDs to recognize your device. Like many websites, we use “cookies” and equivalent techniques through our mobile applications to collect information. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk. We utilize persistent cookies that only With Gratitude can read and use, and access mobile device IDs:
- to save your login information for future logins to the With Gratitude Platform;
- to assist in processing items during checkout;
- to hold session information; and
- to track user preferences.
- to enable certain features of the With Gratitude Platform;
- to better understand how you interact with the Site and the With Gratitude Platform;
- to monitor usage by our Users and web traffic routing on the With Gratitude Platform;
- to track the number of entries in With Gratitude promotions, sweepstakes and contests; and
- to identify visited areas of the With Gratitude Platform.
Type of Cookie
Who Serves ( for example )
These cookies (including local storage and similar technologies) tell us when you’re logged in, so we can customize your experience and connect your account information and settings.
• With Gratitude
These cookies help provide a localized experience by showing you your local metro area.
• With Gratitude
Site features and Services
• Facebook • Linked in
Analytics and research
• Google Analytics
Things like cookies and pixels are used to deliver relevant ads, track ad campaign performance and efficiency, and to understand your interests from your online activity on the Site, mobile applications and other websites and apps. For example, we and our ad partners may rely on information gleaned through these cookies (such as web pages you visit and your interaction with our advertising and other communications) to serve you ads that may be interesting to you on other websites and apps and in doing that your information (which will not contain your name, email address or other “real-world” identifiers) will be shared with other platforms in the digital advertising ecosystem all involved in assisting the delivery, purchase, reporting and analysis of digital advertising on our behalf. Similarly, our advertisers may use a cookie, attribution service or another similar technology to determine whether we’ve served an ad and how it performed, or provide us with information about how you interact with them. For more information about interest-based ads, or to opt out of having your web-browsing information used for behavioural advertising purposes by participating third-party advertising companies, please visit https://youradchoices.ca/choices. To learn more about interest-based advertising in mobile apps and to opt out of this type of advertising by third-party advertising companies that participate in the DAAC’s AppChoices tool, please download the version of AppChoices for your device at https://youradchoices.ca/appchoices/. Please note that even if you opt-out of interest-based advertising by a third party, these tracking technologies may still collect data for other purposes including analytics and you will still see ads from us, but the ads will not be targeted based on behavioural information about you and may therefore be less relevant to you and your interests. To successfully opt-out, you must have cookies enabled in your web browser. Please see your browser’s instructions for information on cookies and how to enable them. Your opt-out only applies to the web browser you use so you must opt-out of each web browser on each device that you use. Once you opt out, if you delete your browser’s saved cookies, you may need to opt-out again.
• With Gratitude • Google • Double click • Sail thru • Horizon • Bing Ads
Social Media and Digital Advertising cookies and widgets
- DoubleClick: Google’s Double click re-targeting cookie lets us serve personalized ads to you when you’re browsing other websites and social media platforms. You can control ad personalization on Google and partner websites here: https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads?hl=en-GB&gl=uk
- Facebook Impressions: We use Facebook Impressions to track the number of people that interact with our content on Facebook.
- Google Sign-in: We may allow you to sign up and log in using your Google account. If you sign up using Google, Google will ask your permission to share certain information from your Google account with us. This may include your first name, last name, email address, profile picture, and general location in order to create an account.
- LinkedIn Widgets: This tool enables visitors to engage with us via LinkedIn and show visitors relevant ads and personalized content on LinkedIn. To learn more about LinkedIn’s practices and to opt out, please visit https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy and https://www.linkedin.com/settings/?tab=account&modal=nsettings-enhanced-advertising.
- Bing Ads: We use Bings Ads to promote our company online and use the cookies provided by Bing to record completion of a transaction on our website. You can find out more about Bing cookies by visiting this site: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-gb/resources/policies/microsoft-bing-ads-privacy-policy
- Email origination,
- Data hosting and storage,
- Identity/background check requirements in relation to serviceers (currently carried out by our provider Sterling);
- Fraud detection;
- Receipt or support services,
- Customer relationship management services,
- Marketing and analytics services, including to display targeted advertising,
- Financial transaction fulfillment (in which we are currently supported by Paypal;
- To otherwise help us provide the With Gratitude Platform, including all of the things described in the preceding section.
8. Choice/Opt-OutYou may opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners, remove your information from our database, choose to not receive future communications related to the With Gratitude Platform, or cancel your account by logging on to the Site and clicking on the “Account” tab, or by contacting us as set out below or at email@example.com. During registration you choose whether to receive marketing correspondence from either With Gratitude or its partners and whether you want to participate in a variety of With Gratitude programs. This information remains on your Profile where you can, at any point, easily edit it to indicate that you have changed your mind. After logging on, click on the “Account” tab, then select “Notifications” to make your selections. We may occasionally contact you with information about special events, sales, activities, promotions, contests, submission opportunities and programs. You always have the option to ask With Gratitude not to contact you with this information again. You can opt out of receiving promotional communications from With Gratitude sent via email by clicking on the unsubscribe link in each message. You can opt out of receiving promotional communications from With Gratitude sent via text message at any time by following the instructions provided in those messages to text the word, “STOP”. Please note that your opt-out is limited to the phone number used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions. If you opt-out of only certain communications, other subscription communications may continue. Even if you opt-out of receiving promotional communications, With Gratitude may, subject to applicable law, continue to send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, or serviceRabbit’s ongoing business relations. You have the option to receive updates and relevant offers via app notifications. These notifications can be configured in the settings of your mobile device. To opt-out of interest-based advertising or change your advertising preferences, please see the instructions under Interest-Based Advertising in the “Cookies and Other Technologies” section above. If you receive unsolicited email from a With Gratitude domain, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. With Gratitude’s Information Retention PolicyWe retain personal data for as long as you are a User in order to meet our obligations to you, and for such longer period as may be required to comply with our legal obligations. We may also retain aggregate information beyond this time for research purposes and to help us develop and improve our services. You cannot be identified from aggregate information retained or used for these purposes. Your Rights You have the right under certain circumstances:
- to request access to your personal information held by us;
- to request to update or correct your personal information held by us;
- to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information (while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, for example);
- to object to the further processing of your personal information, including the right to object to marketing as mentioned in the Choice/Opt-Out section above; and